By the end of the course the candidate should be able to
- Provide appropriate & effective treatment for most common benign and malignant breast diseases including care in
emergency care setting when indicated.
- Take complex decisions for benign & malignant breast diseases.
- Understand indications, techniques, use of diagnostic tools, interpretation of mammogram.
- Understand the concepts of hereditary breast cancers including the genetic counselling.
- Understand the various surgical procedures including oncoplastic and reconstruction surgeries in Breast cancer.
- Understand criteria for decision making, side effects, risks, contraindications associated with various systemic treatments.
- Understand the importance of radiation therapy and its application in breast oncology.
- Understand the importance of molecular biology and it’s therapeutic implications in Breast Cancer
- Understand the prevention and treatment of Lymphoedema
Who Should take up this course ?
Primary audience: General Surgeons - MS in General Surgery
Secondary audience: Gynaecologists - MD/ MS in Gynaecology & Obstetrics, DGO
Dr Jayanti Thumsi
Senior Consultant Breast Surgeon
Sparsh Hospital, Yeshwantpur
Managing Trustee CREST Foundation.
Dr. CN Patil
M.D., D .M
Senior consultant Medical oncologist
Apollo hospitals, Bangalore
Dr Arul Ponni TR
Associate professor in Radiation Oncology
Ramaiah Medical College and hospitals
And Consultant MSR HCG Cancer Center, Bangalore
Dr Chirantan Bose MD
IFCAP (Intl Fellow Member - College of American Pathologists),
Diploma in Clinical Genetics (Univ of South Wales, UK),
Director - Patient Care Services (India Region, Asia Pac, GCC and Africa), Datar Cancer Genetics Limited, Gurgaon, India
Prof. Dr. Malarvizhi K Natarajan
M. Sc. (N), PhD (N) - Breast cancer related lymphedema,
Certified Lymphedema Therapist ( ACOLS, USA, LANA accredited),
Principal and Professor
HOSMAT College of Nursing, (Bethal Medical Mission), Bangalore.
Independent lymphedema therapist / practitioner
Dr Anitha Bharathan
M.phil and Ph.D in Lead psychooncologist and consultant clinical psychologist, Cadabams Group
Breast cancer is the most frequent cancer among women, impacting 2.1 million women each year, and also causes approximately 15% of all cancer deaths among women.
The optimal care of patients with breast cancer is rapidly changing as a result of advances in all aspects of patient care, including prevention, screening, and detection, as well as in the primary treatment modalities of surgery, radiation therapy, endocrine therapy, cytotoxic chemotherapy, and novel biologic therapies.
There is an increasing focus on providing multidisciplinary care for patients with complex diseases such as breast cancer through the use of integrated teams of professionals representing the relevant treatment modalities, including surgery, radiation therapy, and systemic medical interventions.
It is essential for the relevant clinicians who treat breast cancer patients, to understand the basics of this disease and also be updated of the latest modalities of investigations and treatment options so that the patients receive an evidence based, optimal treatment to enhance the chances of survival.
- Basics & Assessment of Breast Oncology
- Benign & Pre malignant Breast Diseases
- Risk factors, genetic predisposition and Breast cancer screening
- Fundamentals of pathology, Surgical management of Breast cancer(mastectomy, breast conservation surgery and Non palpable breast lesions)
- Breast reconstruction and Oncoplastic Surgeries and Axillary lymph node management
- Systemic therapy in Breast Oncology
- Radiation therapy in breast oncology
Program will have 30 Questions after the completion of all modules.
* Applicant should enclose a valid UG & PG degree certificate/ Letter from HOD
* Address Proof (AADHAR CARD/ PASSPORT/ DRIVING LICENSE/ PASSBOOK).
Medical Council of India does not recognize courses that are offered through online or blended learning platform.
Once you complete the enrolment process, you will be provided with a unique enrolment number and login details to Mediknit.org. If in case, you haven’t received the same within 3 working days from enrolment, please feel free to call us on +91 9686199051 or write to us on email@example.com.
It is an online learning program. All you need is a laptop/ desktop/ tablet/ mobile with good internet connection. The program is available for a duration of 8 weeks from your date of joining the course. You could study as much as you can and as many times as you wish in that duration.
All assessments are online and MCQ based. Successful completion of which will make you eligible for certification.
The final online test will be unlocked as soon as you complete all the lectures. It will only be available for total of 8 weeks from your date of joining the course.
Three attempts, third attempt will be released on email request only.
What is the importance of this certificate? Is it like an additional degree? Can I apply for credit points from this certificate at the medical council?
This training course will help you enhance your knowledge and understanding Breast Surgeries and the surgical techniques used in performing surgery. Presently, there are no credit points accredited to any university / medical body for this course.
No, We do not provide any placement assistance.
Yes, you may ask questions on the platform, which will be answered by the faculty as early as possible.